Preservation of Human Dignity

    Countless donors, volunteers, and staff continue to be committed to PHD's core philosophy that every human life is sacred and deserves dignity. With these valuable resources PHD accommodates over 1,250 clients each year offering counseling, case management and educational and community outreach services that help women and their families build healthier lives.

    Make a Gift

    Professional Counseling

    PHD Professional Counseling Services are provided in English and Spanish to women who are pregnant or parenting a child under three years of age and those experiencing the loss of an infant or young child. We also welcome fathers, grandparents, and other family members involved in the child’s care and welfare. Support groups are available for mothers experiencing perinatal or postpartum mood disorders and who need additional support.

    Get Help Now

    Educational Outreach

    PHD’s Educational Outreach division, launched in 1997, offers three programs focused on students and their parents. PHD’s goal is to educate on the topics of anti-bullying, healthy sexuality, goal setting, healthy relationship development and to improve parent/child communication.

    Programs & Resources
  • Our Vision

    At PHD, our vision is to be a compassionate community where dignity is preserved, hope is restored, and lives are empowered and protected — one woman, one child, one family at a time.
  • Our Mission

    Preservation of Human Dignity, PHD, affirms the value of the lives of women and families facing the issues of pregnancy and parenting. We are dedicated to providing opportunities for hope and growth through professional counseling, education, and integrated support services to meet the unique practical and emotional needs of each individual.
  • Our Support

    84% of our annual revenue comes from individual donors and family foundations and the remaining 16% is from townships, faith organizations and grants.

Consider a gift to PHD. Your gift, no matter the size, will make a difference.


How Can You Help?

Thanks to your support, PHD is able to provide compassionate and caring services to women and families struggling with tough issues related to pregnancy and parenting. Your support also gives PHD the ability to reach out to adolescents and their parents to help them make healthy life choices and improve communication. Whether you make a donation, sponsor an event or become a volunteer, you will be making a positive impact.
  • Volunteer Opportunities

    PHD offers a variety of volunteer opportunities. More than 130 volunteers provide their time and talent to make sure our clients receive the best possible service.
    Learn More
  • Become a Sponsor

    An investment in PHD is an investment in Family. Make your marketing and sponsorship dollars go further by investing in a yearlong package.
    Learn More
  • Make a Gift

    No matter the amount, each gift has an impact on the lives of women and families served by PHD. More than 85 cents of every dollar goes to support programs and services.
    Learn More

Our Recent News & Events

  • PHD’s Partnership with the Department of Children and Family Services (DCFS)

    One of PHD’s core services is Professional Counseling which addresses a variety of issues regarding pregnancy and parenting. One of the issue areas that PHD works with is DCFS (Department of Children and Family Services) involved parents. According to the … Continue reading »

  • Emma’s Road to Recovery

    Our philosophy at PHD is to welcome and serve anyone who comes through our door. In 2015, we served nearly 600 clients who came to us in the hopes of finding help. Each of their life circumstances differ. Some grappled … Continue reading »

  • PHD Featured in the Chicago Tribune!

    We are very excited to share an article about our work that appeared in the Chicago Tribune on Thursday, September 22, 2016. Preserving human dignity one person at a time

  • PHD on WGN!

    PHD was thrilled to be featured on WGN as a resource for those pregnant or parenting young children. WGN interviewed two of PHD’s clients and found out, first hand, why the counseling center is invaluable to women who are struggling … Continue reading »